Thursday, November 18, 2010

Getting Back on Track


Im supposed to be working on a web comic right now but for the past 3 weeks I havent drawn a single thing until today. Not being employed fulltime has been freeing in a lot of ways but it's taken me a minute to get other, more pressing affairs in order first. In the end I havent really been in the mood to draw.

Ever since I started watching Walking Dead and some other zombie movies, I've had this scene bouncing around inside my head so I had to get it out. Still not sure about the composition but it was a lot of fun to create and ink. Hammermill White #32 ledger was a bad choice of paper. The inks bled so much I felt like I was doing watercolor instead of inking for a minute.

I enjoyed making the DIY yo yo cutters and trying to give them a sense of motion. Im still thinking of changing her background and placing her in an arena packed with howling (uninfected) fans. It might tell a more interesting story.

My webcomic Malice in Ovenland will be coming out in installments soon. Please be patient with me.

No comments: