Monday, November 22, 2004

Returning to the scene of the crime...

I went back recently and starting adding more to this piece. Initially, the trees were more of a reddish brown but for some reason I felt like the main focus of the piece was not reading well at all... It wasn't until I went outside that I saw the solution. Trees in this painting had as much red hue as the character and the two were "fighting" for attention. By making the trees a more bluish-grey I think I have been more successful at getting the woman and her horse to pop out.

The swamp she is riding through will pose a challenge to me as I still don't feel like I know what Im doing when it comes to rendering water. I am currently thinking of how I might approach this challenge to lend the appearance of stillness and depth to the swamp water.

The sky is a lavender to orange gradient.


Warrior_2 Posted by Hello

No comments: